Monday, December 10, 2007

Tania's Gall Bladder Who?

Remember this old SNL bit?

Chevy Chase (as a doctor): Knock knock.
Gilda Radner (as Babs): Who's there?
Chevy: Bab's uvula.
Gilda: Bab's uvula who?
Chevy: I don't know, Babs. But I do know this... your uvula is on the fritz.

Well, I was instantly reminded of it when I got the news about Tania's Gall Bladder.

To make a long story short, Tania had had several episodes of excruciating stomach pain since Zambrano was born, the worst of which was this past early Thursday morning. I asked her if she wanted to take a cab or an ambulance to the hospital. She picked the cab.

The ultrasound dictated surgery, which was on Friday afternoon. Dr. An told me afterwards that if they wished to be aggressive, she could go home Friday. I said no to that. Apprarently the gall bladder, like the appendix, is superfluous.


Grandma Judy flew in Saturday, and Tania came home that afternoon. The pain she is having is from the surgery rather than the pre-surgery pain, and the pain meds are starting to help. The big side effect is how sleepy it makes her. It was odd how quiet the house was Sunday. Usually when Tania is that quiet, I am in BIG trouble.
Today, she is feeling better, and I think we have turned the corner.
Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: